Financial Aid and Scholarships
Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA):
Here are some useful links to help understand the FAFSA process. The FAFSA opens Oct. 1st.
Here are some resources to browse and apply for scholarships. This list will update as information becomes available.
Candidates for an award from the Foundation should show achievement in their educational studies, leadership, personal responsibility and character. The awards are targeted to assist those who have worked hard and contributed in providing for their own financial needs while maintaining a solid academic record. Value: Up to $10,000.
Deadline: April 15th
Our school participates every year in the Oklahoma Student Art Exhibition. Students are eligible to apply.
Deadline: March 15
Deadline: March 26
The Shelter Foundation annually awards a scholarship amount of $2000 to a graduating senior. You can print an application and come by the office to collect one. Turn in application into the office.
Deadline: Early April
$1000 scholarship that SWCS seniors are eligible to apply for if they meet one of the following qualifications:
- -they are employed by a Yukon Chamber member business
- -they are a child/grandchild of a Chamber member business owner
- -they are a child/grandchild of a Chamber member’s employee
SWCS is a Chamber member for student’s who have a parent or grandparent who are employed by the school.
Deadline: April 5th
SWCS $1500 freshman year only scholarship for a student who attends a Christian college
SWCS $2500 freshman year only scholarship
Students who graduate from SWCS with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an ACT score of 19 or higher are eligible for a $4000 per year scholarship.
Students who have taken dual credit with CCU are eligible to receive a $1250 per year scholarship.
Scholarship database for Oklahoma philanthropists
State Department of Education scholarship database
OK database of scholarships based on deadlines and categories
Complete tasks for college admission and earn a chance to receive a scholarship. Starts Junior year.
Here is a list of scholarship previous students have earned here at SWCS:
- Shelter Insurance
- Crosslands Construction
- Southwest Covenant
- Weokie Foundation
- True Sky Scholarship
- Oklahoma Elks Major Project
- Yukon Chamber of Commerce
- Oklahoma Rural Water Foundation
- Church Scholarship
- Tribal Scholarship
- Oklahoma State Fair
- Mortgage Companies
- South OKC Rotary Club
- Modern Woodmen of America Fraternal Financial
- Foundation On Education
- The Oklahoman and Jim Thorpe Foundation
- Military Reserves, ROTC and National Guard
Consider your personal circumstances and businesses that you and your family associate with for scholarship opportunities such as the following:
- Local banks, businesses, insurance companies and social clubs
- Military - Active and Veterans
- Ethnic heritage
- Specific majors or career paths offer incentives to pursue area
- Health backgrounds
- Family circumstances such as adoption and foster care