Financial Aid and Scholarships
Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA):
Here are some useful links to help understand the FAFSA process. The FAFSA opens Oct. 1st.
Here are some resources to browse and apply for scholarships. This list will update as information becomes available.
SWCS $1500 freshman year only scholarship for a student who attends a Christian college
SWCS $2500 freshman year only scholarship
Students who graduate from SWCS with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and an ACT score of 19 or higher are eligible for a $4000 per year scholarship.
Students who have taken dual credit with CCU are eligible to receive a $1250 per year scholarship.
Scholarship database for Oklahoma philanthropists
State Department of Education scholarship database
OK database of scholarships based on deadlines and categories
Complete tasks for college admission and earn a chance to receive a scholarship. Starts Junior year.
Here is a list of scholarship previous students have earned here at SWCS:
- Shelter Insurance
- Crosslands Construction
- Southwest Covenant
- Weokie Foundation
- True Sky Scholarship
- Oklahoma Elks Major Project
- Yukon Chamber of Commerce
- Oklahoma Rural Water Foundation
- Church Scholarship
- Tribal Scholarship
- Oklahoma State Fair
- Mortgage Companies
- South OKC Rotary Club
- Modern Woodmen of America Fraternal Financial
- Foundation On Education
- The Oklahoman and Jim Thorpe Foundation
- Military Reserves, ROTC and National Guard
Consider your personal circumstances and businesses that you and your family associate with for scholarship opportunities such as the following:
- Local banks, businesses, insurance companies and social clubs
- Military - Active and Veterans
- Ethnic heritage
- Specific majors or career paths offer incentives to pursue area
- Health backgrounds
- Family circumstances such as adoption and foster care